« Home | Attack Of The Buried College Memories » | Larra's Murder Update: What The Medium Found » | The Empress Is Penniless » | I Got Tagged: 20 Things » | Be Stressed In The Coming Days » | I Got Paparazzeed! » | Writer VS Editor, Round One » | A Model's Slow Downfall » | The Jeepney Karma » | Mornings With Maruja » 

Tuesday, November 08, 2005


"20 Things": The Answers

After a brief period of waiting and speculating, here are the answers to the "20 Things About Me" post.

Hold you breath...

1) TRUE. I do not do this on purpose, but for some reason I feel lazy on Sundays, that includes taking a bath. I know, ewww. But sometimes I "break" that cycle, if I'm either going out or I have a shooting.


2) FALSE. I was called "maruja" starting on my college freshman year as a nickname seniors in our theater org give to my when I was an apprentice. My childhood nickname is actually "Big Boy", since I was born with a bigger head (which might encase a bigger brain, but I don't use it right sometimes).

3) TRUE. Hate may be a heavy word, but yes, I hate smokers. Maybe that's what you call "less tolerant" in American standards, but where I am right now, it's considered hatred. I repeat, I hate smokers, especially those who smoke inside a public vehicle. As I always mumble, "smokers are evil; they deserve to die."

4) TRUE. It happened during a game of truth or dare back in freshman year. When it was my turn, my friends asked me which guy I liked. I bluntly answered that it was Mike. And as a consequence, I was supposed to kiss him. After much guts gathering, I managed to kiss Mike...on the forehead.

5) TRUE. I've been in the USA, California to be precise. I spent a vacation there, but most of the time I was bumming around.

6) TRUE. I've written one-act plays before. I've finished around six plays, two of which ("Ilusyonada" or The Disillusioned and "Friend") I won awards at our college literary competition.

7) FALSE. But even though I've written plays, they have yet to be staged. Both of my winning plays have gay themes in it, particularly about gay love (a big no-no in our Catholic university).

8) TRUE. It was part of our college parade with "fiesta" as a theme. Communications majors are known to go all out when it comes to decorating our float, so I was dressed like a roasted pig, while another gay guy dressed in traditional female costume with a knife and fork in hand. Guess what? We won first prize.

9) TRUE. I will elaborate on that one once I have enough guts to tell about it. And the guy I waited for was not Mike.

10) TRUE. I tend to get attracted to guys older, or more mature, than I am. I hate the idea of me taking care of my man, including giving him allowances and "hospital bills" for his "sick" mother (note the quotation marks). I would rather get taken care of like a baby. Mike is two years older than I am.

11) TRUE. I do collect autographs, but not the common celebrity autographs. I got autograph from scriptwriter Ricky Lee, DJ Anton Ramos, and college basketball player Chris Tiu.

12) FALSE. I was "deflowered" at a young age.

13) TRUE. I've been to Taiwan as a stopover to my trip to US. I saw the land as far as the walls of the airport could permit.

14) TRUE. I have a weird fear of cargo trucks, for its load might fall on me when it turns. I'm also afraid of LPG tanks because it might explode in front of me.

15) TRUE. I was part of the "EDSA 2" rally demanding former President Erap Estrada to resign. I now regret of being part of it because the president who replaced him is way worse.

16) TRUE. My yahoo e-mail address was registered in 1997 during the early years of Internet, back when geocities was cool.

17) FALSE. I've been to a gym once, but I think I pushed my body to the limit. Hence, I got a terrible pain on my abs. Still, I still planning of going back to the gym.

18) TRUE. My other two blogs (one in myspace and the other is in friendster) are no longer active.

19) TRUE. Back in 2000, I coordinated in putting up an underground gay beauty pageant featuring gay students of our Catholic university called "Royal Tigress". Boy, was it fun, even though we ended up overbudgetted. Five years later, one of the contestants (Armella Esguerra) won the title of Miss Amazing Philippines, who will represent the country in the world gay pageant in Bangkok.

20) FALSE. Obviously.

***************

Amiah got the most number of correct answers with four. That was so close.

And on that note, I shall pass the tag to three bloggers to continue the meme:
*
amiah
*
c.jordan
* and
ribbiticus.

hope you have fun! :)




4 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Just dropping by to say hi!


Hope you have a great day!

Wed Nov 09, 02:13:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger ribbiticus said...

a tag from the empress? far be it from me to refuse. will get on it tomorrow! :)

Wed Nov 09, 04:10:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger amiah said...

so sorry, I don't know what you mean by "tag"...

but I'll do whatever it is...


righte after I take care with my blog design headaches....

Thu Nov 10, 09:20:00 AM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Michele sent me :o) Nice to meet you. Don't worry about being new, everyone is welcome at Michele's!


Amanda
http://argblog.typepad.com

Fri Nov 11, 07:40:00 PM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home