« Home | The Tale Of Two Doors » | Becoming A Butterfly, The Hard Way » | Enter The Chrysalis Phase » | I'm Pimping My Friend » | Living In Pinoy TV » | Tagalog Is A "Bad" Language » | TAG: The Alphabet Game » | "20 Things": The Answers » | Attack Of The Buried College Memories » | Larra's Murder Update: What The Medium Found » 

Friday, November 25, 2005


The Treasure Hunt For A Blunder

Last week, news went around the Emerald Isles that several 100-peso bills with a the president's name misspelled.

Instead of "Arroyo", it spelled as "Arrovo".



Try clicking the picture to zoom.

The misspelled bills are still legal and can be used. However, people here are on a treasure hunt. Since such bills are rare, why use it if you can keep it for several years then sell it at a higher price?

That's what going around my mind when I first heard the news. I immediately checked out my 100-peso bills if there are any "Arrovo" bills, and what do you know. I have one! Yey!

It's apparent that my treasure bill has changed hands several times, and no one seemed to have noticed it.

I told my dad, well practically everyone in the house, about it when he got home. He was like "Really?" and I showed the bill to him to quench his doubting thirst.

He kept it. I told not to show it around his friends and co-worker.

"We'll inherit that to (my little brother) so he'll be rich once he turned 40," I joked.




2 Comments:

Blogger amiah said...

cool! I wish I have one. huhuhu!

Fri Nov 25, 08:55:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Talamasca said...

What's the big deal about this bill? Oh... It's because Arrovo literally means "Robber"... He he he...

Sat Nov 26, 11:24:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home