« Home | StarStruck Pictorial/ My Dad's Favorite Photo » | The Sudden Wedding/ The Ex-Girlfriend/ What A Mess! » | The Auditions, The One-Liner, And A Dance-Off » | Blog Renter Of The Week: The Return Of Haunted Ho... » | The Weird Habits Tag And Other Random Lives » | What Lies Ahead? » | Past/ Present: The Exercise, The Result » | Ay! Showbizzz!: I Hate You/ I Like You » | Bakit Ako Mahihiya? » | In Random Order » 

Monday, January 23, 2006


Zatunnah, Not Zathura

Ask any gay Filipino comics fan of their favorite comic character and the name "ZsaZsa Zaturnnah" will surface a lot of times.

Who is ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, you ask?

"Ang Kagilagilalas Na Pakikipagsapalaran ni ZsaZsa Zaturnnah" (The Spectacular Adventures of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah) is a modern-day comic book about a gay beautician in the countryside who suddenly receives a giant stone from outer space. He swallows it and becomes a voluptuous female heroine out to defend the Earth against giant frogs, zombies, and amazon women from Planet X...x...x...

This comic book is actually significant to me. Two years ago, after I helped a friend in researching for plays our theather org could perform, we went to a local bookstore and she introduced me to a ZsaZsa Zaturnnah comicbook. Since private reading is allowed in the bookstore, I took the preview copy and read it.

Boy, it was a total laugh trip. I couldn't help myself laughing so hard in the bookstore. I tried controlling my laughter but drops of saliva would came out. It was so embarrassing, surrounded by bookworms digesting their T.S. Elliots and Brontes, a lone gay was laughing his heart out over loads of punchlines riddled in the comics.

After finishing the whole comicbook, some of my friends suddenly appeared out of nowhere, birthday cakes in tow.

"Happy Birthday, Maruja!"

Who would have thought that I would celebrate my birthday in a bookstore? I was so glad for them.

They gave me a special gift, and guess what it was?

A copy of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah.

***************

WHEN GAYS GO, "SIGH..."

I and some gay orgmates of mine were walking near the university when we spotted a giant billboard of local heartthrob Dennis Trillo.


We all stared at his angelic face and sighed.

"Oh God! He just melted my heart," I exclaimed.

"He's so handsome," a companion of ours agreed.

And you know when gays talk about guys, the main topic is...

"Is it true that he's 'small'?"

"Well, who cares if it's small," I said. "It would be a privelege for any gay to give him a head."

Everybody agreed.


Sigh. Dennis...




9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dennis Trillo is hot!!! And
Happy birthday!!!

Tue Jan 24, 03:07:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

DEMENTIA -- Yes, Dennis is hot. I'd give him a head if given the opportunity (like if he's drunk, hehe). Thanks for the greeting, but my birthday's eight months from now :)

Tue Jan 24, 03:18:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

just let us know when you find out whether he's small or not...

Tue Jan 24, 04:04:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehe... very funny. lol.

Wed Jan 25, 07:02:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that book! ZsaZsa is a force to be reckoned with.

But the Dennis part made me go "Ick."

;)

Wed Jan 25, 09:58:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Yang said...

hi! belated happy birthday! i definitely agree re: dennis trillo! your blog is a refreshing read! i really enjoyed it!
p.s. Zaturnnah forever!!!! hmmm...hope to see you at the muzical! :-)

Sat Jan 28, 09:27:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

REIA -- thanks for the kind words. i really appreciate it.

Sat Jan 28, 10:20:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Dennis is soooo Hot.
He's 5'8 tall. He's not that small, it's just that taller guys stand beside him on tv which makes him look small. Visit igma.tv/forums and for dennis trillo's forum.
By the way, nice blog.

Mon Feb 13, 01:36:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dennis pwede bwng malaman ang email adress mo

Tue Aug 29, 05:19:00 PM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home