« Home | The Auditions, The One-Liner, And A Dance-Off » | Blog Renter Of The Week: The Return Of Haunted Ho... » | The Weird Habits Tag And Other Random Lives » | What Lies Ahead? » | Past/ Present: The Exercise, The Result » | Ay! Showbizzz!: I Hate You/ I Like You » | Bakit Ako Mahihiya? » | In Random Order » | I Got Stricken With S(T)ARS » | The De-Blossoming Of Empress Maruja » 

Friday, January 20, 2006


The Sudden Wedding/ The Ex-Girlfriend/ What A Mess!

My Kuya (older brother) suddenly got himself hitched. Everyone in the family were a bit of a shock when he called last Monday from the States and declared that he married in an old-fashioned American way (in a chapel in Reno).

(Yes, that's my older brother's wedding photo.)

Kuya tied the knot to an optometrist. He met her several weeks ago and, yes, decided to marry.

With that, Kuya officially became an American citizen. Mom will surely prod me to follow suit.

***************

Just this morning, Dad received a call from Kuya's ex-girlfriend (a TV reporter). "Ate C" browsed in Friendster and saw Kuya's profile filled with photos of his wedding, which got her kinda devastated.

She asked Dad a lot of questions over the phone. Who is the girl? Did Dad met her when he was in the States? How did they meet? Did he marry for good of merely for the sake of getting an American citizenship? Dad could only say that he (and us) were as shocked as she was. That Dad had never seen her, nor was aware of her when he was in the US. That the only info he could hold of was that Kuya's mother-in-law used to work at Broadcast City (where most TV shows were being shot back in the day) as an in-studio optometrist.

Apparently, Ate C claimed that they never had a formal break-up. She was crying during the whole phonecall, Dad told us.

Personally, I congratulate Kuya for getting married (finally), but I hope he settles some issues first.

***************

WHAT A MESS!

I got tagged by MANDZ. Here goes...

I totally have a messy desk. Just take a look.





The desk is as old as the computer itself. The electric fan is to cool the CPU.

I wonder how clean or messy the desks of Charles, Marti, and Ribbiticus are?




6 Comments:

Blogger Talamasca said...

That's one helluva big surprise. Maybe he really loves the girl so much. And I pity the ex-girlfriend. Poor creature. :-(

Fri Jan 20, 08:16:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Lonnie said...

Hey, your desk looks better than mine!!!

Good to see you...I am in Macau...

Be well...

L

PS...don;t become an American...ick...But congrats to your sib...:)

Fri Jan 20, 08:49:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Manzkee said...

Not bad! Not a mess actually, which is good. Happy weekend!

Sat Jan 21, 12:02:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hey kris! my post answering your tag is up already. :)

Sat Jan 21, 01:21:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

Congrats to your kuya!

Sat Jan 21, 01:46:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

CHAS -- Let me know if you posted your desk pics. :)

TALAMASCA -- The issue of whether or not my brother really love his wife is actually blur to me.

LONNIE -- Thanks for visiting my site. I wonder what's "icky" about being American?

MANDZ -- You're very much welcome! Happy weekend to you too!

RIBBITICUS -- I just saw your post and it's cleaner than my desk, but I think you forgot to pass the tag, just a thought.

KISS MY MIKE -- Thanks. I'll send your regards. :)

Sat Jan 21, 11:25:00 PM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home