« Home | Good Bye (and Good Riddance?) » | Go Big Time! » | Beam Me Up, Buttercup!/ Hot Hot Reichen » | Zatunnah, Not Zathura » | StarStruck Pictorial/ My Dad's Favorite Photo » | The Sudden Wedding/ The Ex-Girlfriend/ What A Mess! » | The Auditions, The One-Liner, And A Dance-Off » | Blog Renter Of The Week: The Return Of Haunted Ho... » | The Weird Habits Tag And Other Random Lives » | What Lies Ahead? » 

Monday, January 30, 2006


Make It Or Break It/ Bugz, Lucky Bugz

MAKE IT OR BREAK IT

I just got out from a really intense job interview. And of all the job interviews I've been into, this is my "make or break" moment.

The company is one of the largest events companies in the Emerald Isles. Being a part of it would be a dream for every event coordinator in the brownlandia.

Let's just say the interview went fairly. Of course, the jitters are always there. My English would twist a bit. But overall, I told the interviewer that I am a better option.

And while we wait for the results, let's have fun with my current work as a TV writer.

Yeah, all that grudge against the Executive Producer have waned a bit. Now, I wanted to prove to my employers that I can do better, that I am not a quitter.

***************

BUGZ, LUCKY BUGZ


Last Sunday was just as intense. It was StarStruck's StarFlicks Awards and live elimination.



Bugz Daigo of Cebu won Best Actor in both Viewers and Critics Choice. He even got the Director's Sole Pick Award. I have nothing against Visayans, but all of us in the household had been wanting for StarStruck to eliminate him. I guess he's just lucky.



My female fave Iwa Moto got one of the Best Actress trophies.



Here's the winning short film. "Hostage" is about a helper who got desperate after his paramour (his employer's daughter) was sent away from him, and made his lover's sister hostage.


During elimination, Marky of Mountain Province and Chuck Allie of Davao were on the chopping block. However, by some strange circumstances.

"StarStruck says 'Thank you' to..."

"No-one!"

It was a sense of relief for both of them and all of the fans in the studio were so delighted with the result.

But, and this is a big but.

The eliminated contestants, the Avengers, have returned. They will become the Dreamers' villains in the upcoming Soap Struck, a series of tear-jerking dramas.

This show gets better and better.

(All StarStruck images courtesy of Pinoy Rickey)




4 Comments:

Blogger xianfu said...

Thnks for visiting my blog.. Feeling good now..lol..shouldn't eat too much of 'keropok lekor'..
Hmm..Yeah..some ppl like to correct ppl..but at least u can improve..lol!!!
Long live English(language)..lol!!!

ps:sorry for d late reply..was out to my hometown for chinese new year...

Tue Jan 31, 06:58:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Talamasca said...

Huge company huh? Way to go! You will get there eventually... :-)

Tue Jan 31, 09:27:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

Goodluck on your job application.

Wow, two guys holding hands on national television!

Wed Feb 01, 12:28:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

XIANFU -- Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog as well! Gong Xi Huat Tsai! I hope I typed it right.

TALAMASCA -- I do hope I'd get in. Cross your fingers for me.

CHAS -- Bugz have a huge fanbase, especially in his native Cebu. Although I personally don't like him (because of a negative remark against Marky that he should be eliminated because "He's Igorot"), but he might have a chance to get into the Final 4.

KISS MY MIKE -- That picture actually caused quite a stir. Now a "CHURKY" Fans Club is brewing. You can check it out...
http://pinoy.rickey.org/2006/02/01/starstruck/churky-fan-club-official-thread/

Wed Feb 01, 08:39:00 PM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home