« Home | Can of Worms/ Confession » | Finally! The Launch Of Maruja Radio! » | 3rd Times A Charm/ Tourism Booster/ Jewel Preview » | Gagged...Fu*k It!/ The First Maruja Hater » | Bryanboy and Borkeback...oops! » | Clark-Away, Jewel-Inspired » | Oh Tagaytay, The Jitters, Calling My Sugar Papa » | Two Announcements: Wowowee and StarStruck » | Weekend Round-up » | La Reina De Sablay/ The Webcam Mishap » 

Saturday, February 25, 2006


From The Media/ StarStruck Breakdown/ Coke Ko 'To

"I'm From The Media..."

This phrase is very useful to make a lot of excuses here in the Philippines.

If you got caught by a traffic enforcer while driving at the opposite lane, just show your media ID and say, "I'm from the media and I'm rushing to get a scoop about a fire nearby." Even though you are actually late for your dinner date.

Wanting to cut the line to have your documents xeroxed? Just tell the photocopier operator, "I'm from the media and I need to have these documents xerox because it's an emergency."

Call it power of the press, call it press abuse, but it works (most of the time).

***************

The Breakdown Of Iwa Moto

StarStruck will announce the Final 4 this Sunday, but what is this I'm seeing? Yesterday, female front-runner Iwa Moto let out a barrage of hate against her fellow competitors and even said a lot of jaw-dropping quotes like "I will quit from StarStruck," "You're all a bunch of plastics," "I might do something bad against them," and "I am too beautiful for them to beat." I think this move could jeopardize her ten-million-peso dream.

If Iwa will not make it to Final 4, I won't be surprised.



***************

The Coke Ko 'To Game


This is one of the most popular advertisements the Philippines has created. It didn't win any ad award as far as I know, but it did create a cult following two years ago. The two girls are playing patty-cake using the slogan "It's My Coke."


It took me several attempts to have finally perfected the gestures, but watching it now, my hands are fumbling again.

***************

THE EMPRESS FOOTNOTES

1) Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on my previous post about the People Power Revolution. We may have different opinions about it, what we agree on is that this non-violent government overthrow was a highlight of Philippine history.

2) Just arrived from shooting our pilot episode of Kids TV for ABC-5 at Manila Baywalk. It was hot and sunny, I had to pour on cold water to heal my burnt skin.

3) JUST ASKING: What do you like best about my blog?




5 Comments:

Blogger ribbiticus said...

hey, kris! i just love that commercial. thanks for posting it!

as for what i love about your blog, i think it's the honesty of your posts. and it doesn't hurt that you talk about how it is to work in media (something i shoud be doing instead of working in a bank - hehehe). :)

Sun Feb 26, 03:37:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger yuri said...

girl.. di ko kinaya si iwa.. though i dont really know her since i dont get to watch local shows anymore except that of abs, naloka pa rin ako sa knya.... mystica in the making hahahaha

re coke: hahahha namiss ko yan. tried to recall the moves... i still know it.. laban ka? hahaha

Sun Feb 26, 03:47:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

I wonder if the two girls on the coke ad are now movie stars?

Mon Feb 27, 02:19:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Talamasca said...

Those two Coke girls are my batchmates in DLSU. And boy, they were really a big hit when that commercial was aired. Everyone in La Salle was doing the moves! :-) Well, what I love about this blog is the chismis! Straight from a media person! Hehe.

Mon Feb 27, 04:28:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

RIBBITICUS -- You're welcome. The TV ad actually brought back fun memories.

YURI -- The judges scorned her last night because of her conduct. Well, she made it to the Final 4. hooray...

KISS MY MIKE -- The girl who lost now hosts a show on Channel 11 (Groupee TV, kinda like Friendster on TV).

CHAS -- It's a fun commercial indeed!

TALAMASCA -- Don't worry, will provide more showbiz insights and intrigues just for your consumption.

Mon Feb 27, 07:11:00 PM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home