« Home | Finally! The Launch Of Maruja Radio! » | 3rd Times A Charm/ Tourism Booster/ Jewel Preview » | Gagged...Fu*k It!/ The First Maruja Hater » | Bryanboy and Borkeback...oops! » | Clark-Away, Jewel-Inspired » | Oh Tagaytay, The Jitters, Calling My Sugar Papa » | Two Announcements: Wowowee and StarStruck » | Weekend Round-up » | La Reina De Sablay/ The Webcam Mishap » | Make It Or Break It/ Bugz, Lucky Bugz » 

Friday, February 24, 2006


Can of Worms/ Confession

CAN OF WORMS

Today is the 20th anniversary of People Power Revolution that stirred the heart of many Filipinos. This is the first ever bloodless revolution that toppled a dictator gave way to democracy.

Or so we thought.

Until now, the hopes of those who attended the revolt are still yet to attain. Corruption after Marcos is still rampant, if not worse. That's why we had to create another bloodless revolution to topple another greedy president, but was replaced by a greater evil.

People are still poor, if not poorer, after Marcos. Our pride in our race is waning, the streets are littered with lack of discipline (a sign of democracy, some people would argue)and crime (no thanks to poverty).

Today I question: Are the Filipinos better off without People Power? Did this "brief shining moment" actually opened a can of worms full of personal interests?

It's been 20 years, and we still demand for answers.

UPDATE: A foiled coup attempt a few hours ago prompted La Presidenta to declare a "State Of National Emergency". Another bad news for CNN and Fox News to feast on.

***************

MARUJA'S FIRST CONFESSION

I'll let you in on a secret.

Promise you won't tell...

There's a ghost in my bedroom.


Really, there is a ghost in my bedroom.

I couldn't see it, but I could feel it.

Months ago, I was sleeping on my back inside my dark bedroom when I felt a heavy pressure against my shoulders and my groin, as if someone is trying to hump me dry.

I couldn't move one bit. My mouth was shaking, trying to utter words. But it felt like I'm being gagged.

However, my will is stronger. "God," I shouted.

The pressure vanished.

I thought it was the end of it.

You're right. I was wrong.

Two weeks ago, I was...again, sleeping on my back when suddenly I was grabbed at my balls by some unseen force.

That heavy pressure had returned. My breathing became constricted, my mouth trembled as my balls were being carressed.

I tried to shout "Pa!", calling my Dad, but I could only let out a soft "Poooo..."

It was gone again.

It got me thinking, "What would have happened if I didn't shout?"

Was this presence trying to get into my body?

Would this ghost attempt to rape me?

Would that make me spawn a Devil's Child?

Oh my, would that make me the Virgin Maruja?

If the ghost tried to molest me for the third time, would I let it?

***************

THE EMPRESS FOOTNOTES

1) Most of my blog friends are beginning to podcast. It's the new cool thing.

2) My Dad came home last night, worried about an impending coup d'etat against the current president. I doubt it would happen.

3) Turn on my maruja radio and let the music guide you through my posts.

4) JUST ASKING: Is there a limitation to democracy?




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? I don't think we are better off without People Power at all. I mean yeah, our country could improve a lot but compared to the horror stories during that time, we are certainly better off now. At least now the military won't lock you up for having long hair or whatever reason they come up with. I never lost hope with our country although it's getting harder every year to be positive.

Sat Feb 25, 03:27:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Manzkee said...

This is really interesting to me.

May nagbago ba 20 years after the first PP? Wala! Bakit? I don't know!

All I know is I've seen the result of the 1st PP, at wala talagang nagbago. Lalo pang lumala.

Look at what happened to LEyte. Can you blame the people there? Of course not. It was the result of "POOR GOVERNANCE".

Ten years ago, there was a huge illegal logging there. Who's suffering now? The poor and innocent people.

I think what I'm trying to say is we "ALL" need to be educated well in all aspects of our lives as a Filipino Citizen, including politicians in order to attain "EXCELLENT GOVERNMENT".

I'm glad you blogged it. Good post, Happy Weekend!

Sat Feb 25, 03:47:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger yuri said...

people power is over sooo overused... can't they think of a new gimmick? sadly, in every year that passes, it's very essence is exploited. tsk tsk tsk...

Sun Feb 26, 03:13:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hey there. posted about pp on my blog yesterday too. i think we kinda share the same sentiments.

also, maybe you should have your room blessed?

Sun Feb 26, 03:39:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home