« Home | Yellow about Changes, Birthday Presents, and that ... » | The Maruja Video Overload » | The Extreme Side of the Empress » | Random Lives of Empress Maruja Turns One! » | Longer, Thicker, Easier to Swallow » | Work Life: Empress Maruja, Live from the Work Sta... » | House Life: Sad Sad News » | TV Life: I Heart Philippine Idol! » | Work Life: Maruja, Ang Blogger Na Walang Pahinga » | TV Life: Philippine Idol Na! » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006


Still Alive

The rumors are simply untrue...

Empress Maruja was not pinned down by a falling billboard during the raging storm weeks ago.

The reason why I haven't posted for three weeks now is that I have so busy these past few days. My apologies to my dear readers who have been anticipating week after week for a new post, but alas, nothing.

Anyway, enough is enough...

***************

HOUSE LIFE: In this corner...

I've always insist that I am thinner than I am supposed to be. I wore tight pants to show off my seemingly-slender legs, never mind if some of the pants were popping off the seams. I bought medium-sized shirts because it "fits" me.

Realizing that my opinions about my weight is a bit outdated (even my resume says I'm 130 pounds), I tried weighing in this device that a local pharmacy put up. Not only it measures your height and weight, but also your BMI, your ideal weight, and even your blood pressure. After several minutes, I got the printout and went home.

Once I got home, I left the printout at the kitchen counter and took an afternoon nap.

I got up hours later and as I walked out of my bedroom, I heard my sister saying:

"On the red corner, weighing 182 pounds and 6 ounces..."

Yup, it was a reality check indeed.

***************

WORK LIFE: Something new

It was only in recent days that I realized that I was a one-empress team in my night shift. There were no other group mate that I could talk to or approach me and ask on work issues. Well, it's a thing of the past.

In just one week, I had three new teammates: a fellow writer, a web designer, and a team leader. Adjusting to the new members of the team was relatively easy for me, as long as they have the initiative to talk to me.

Starting Monday, two new members will be added.

***************

INTERMISSION NUMBER: Philippine Idol's Drae Ybanez

Would somebody tell me why Drae was the first to be eliminated in Philippine Idol Finals?




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

because not enough people text for him, his organization is not rich. anyway he will still have a lots of fans. he will make it as a recording artist.

Sun Oct 15, 09:03:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh empress my dream cant come true no more... they're tearing all the billboards down tsk tsk tsk how sad.

Mon Oct 16, 09:36:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the IDOL guy. I think he is very talented. He made me watch his video full length.

Sayang. Wala na sya...baka sa outfit nyang parang fisherman sa guimaras na nagka-oilspill.

Tue Oct 17, 10:20:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home