« Home | The Extreme Side of the Empress » | Random Lives of Empress Maruja Turns One! » | Longer, Thicker, Easier to Swallow » | Work Life: Empress Maruja, Live from the Work Sta... » | House Life: Sad Sad News » | TV Life: I Heart Philippine Idol! » | Work Life: Maruja, Ang Blogger Na Walang Pahinga » | TV Life: Philippine Idol Na! » | MOTIF: A Night In Sn-Tsn » | Life Life: The Agony...THE AGONY! » 

Sunday, September 17, 2006


The Maruja Video Overload

I hope the one-week delay did not bore you to death.

Because of my uber-busy, work-loaded schedule, I have accepted the fact that I won't be posting as often as I want. That is why I always make sure that every new post I publish is worth visiting and reading.

And you know what's weird? Even though I only have two posts so far for this month, my readership increased significantly. In fact, it doubled. Am I unconsciously doing some Search Engine Optimization in my blog?

***************

I would like to thank my dear readers for your kind comments about my first ever Tagalog post. Even though it was the cause of my demerit at I Talk Too Much, I think that the entry showed more about me.

That is why I have decided to post at least a Tagalog entry on my posts. Taray, 'di ba?

***************

THE TOKEN TAGALOG POST: Tagtuyot

Ang sarap makalanghap ng lalake. Kaya naman minsan hindi ko mapigilan ang aking sariling makipagsikiskan sa kasuluk-sulukan ng Maynila para lang makabili--o maka-TY, ganda ko kasi--ng lalake.

Kaya lang, sa sobrang bisi-bisihan ko sa aking mga trabaho, nawala na ang oras ko para sa mga panandaliang sarap. Kung tutuusin, nakakasawa rin naman.

Lagi kong iniisip kung magkakaroon kaya ng lalakeng nakalaan para sa akin. Yun bang mamahalin ako higit sa pagmamahal ko sa sarili. Naku, mukhang malabo 'yun. Feeling ko kasi, hindi naman ako basta-basta makakahanap ng ganoong mhin kung saan lang. Sabi ko nga sa sarili ko, "You can't find love at such a random place."

Hay...sana nga may makilala ako, o baka naman kilala ko na?

***************

INTERMISSION NUMBER: Let's Cheer to That!

I didn't get to watch this year's UAAP Cheerdance Competition because I attended a family affair last week. I was delighted when I read my sister's text message saying that Salinggawi Dance Troupe of my alma mater University of Santo Tomas won for the fifth time in a row, and eighth time overall! It took me days for me to watch the videos on Youtube and Salinggawi truly deserves the title.

Congratulations to the Great Salinggawi Dance Troupe! You truly are the pride of our school!



Also, congratulations to Far Eastern University Cheering Squad for winning second place. I have always believed that you guys are the true threat of our squad.



Did I miss anybody? I guess not.

***************

BLOG LIFE: Encantadia Writer to Asiatic Neil: Sue me!

I recently received a comment from one of the writers of Encantadia, a popular fantasy TV series in the Philippines. Apparently, my site was linked to a forum and it discussed about the issue of plagiarism that Asiatic Neil pointed out.

To give you a refresher, I posted an entry about my very short stint as an aspiring film writer, only to be dropped off from the line-up and later learned that one of my concepts became a working project for the film company. Click here to know more about it.

Asiatic Neil posted a comment that he said was a perfect example of what happened to me, and it involved Encantadia.

Anyway, here's what writer Suzette Doctolero had to say about the issue.

"I am the concept developer and headwriter of Encantadia. I have never been to CvSU o kahit sa LaSalle Dasma. Ni hindi rin ako naging judge sa alinmang pakontes nila. Ni wala rin akong nakakausap na student from both school. So is this a joke? Tsismis (Rumors)? Or tall tale lang? Because nakakasira ng reputasyon ito lalo na at pinag-uusapan na ito sa PEX (at sinagot ko na).

My take, fan ng enca ang sinasabi mong friend mo at para magpa-impressed sa iyo, sinabi niyang ninakaw sa kanya ang ideya. At taga abs na pala siya now?

I will not ask you his name, but pls tell him na alam ko na ang akusasyon niya and pls tell him to stop taking credit for something na di niya ginawa or kung ipipilit niya.. magdemanda siya.. and i am more than willing to face him in court.

Masakit manakawan. Pero masakit din na maakusahan. Parehong krimen iyon sa mata nating mga writers.

Also, nalulungkot ako at nakaranas na pala ang blogger ng site na ito na manakawan. I remember one BS ng GMA na galing din sa ABS at sinabing nanakawan din siya ng concept ng movie outfit ng ABS. Baka magkakilala kayo? I wish hindi ka magsawang magsulat."

(I have never been to CvSU or to La Salle Dasmarinas. I was never even became a judge of any of their competitions. And I don't know any student from both schools. Is this a joke? Rumor? Or simply a tall tale? Because this definitely destroy one's reputation especially that it is being discussed in PEX--PinoyExchange.com--which I already answered.

I think that your friend is a fan of Encantadia and in order to impress you, he told you that his idea was stolen from it. And he works in ABS-CBN now?

I will not ask you his name, but please tell him that I am aware of the accusation and stop taking credit from something that he wasn't involved in. If he insists, he could just sue me, and I'd be more than willing to face him in court.

It hurts to have your idea stolen by others, but it equally hurts to be accused wrongfully. These are both crimes among us writers.

And I am deeply hurt to learn that the writer of this blog had his idea stolen. I remember one BS [?} who works in GMA Network who used to work in ABS-CBN. He said his concept was stolen by ABS-CBN's movie outfit. Maybe you know each other? And I hope you won't stop writing.)

Thank you for taking time to comment. It is quite a long time for someone to react over this issue.

Anyway, I hope Asiatic Neil would tell his friend about this. Would you be willing to answer?

***************

INTERMISSION NUMBER: Philippine Idol Girls

I have always believed that the girl semi-finalists in Philippine Idol are way better than the boys. I was proven right.

Last week, I got lucky to have tickets to watch Philippine Idol live. So, with my sister and her boyfriend in tow, we went to SM Megamall to witness this latest TV phenomenon.

We were in for a treat! These girls are the most talented bunch!

Now, I want my international readers to play a game. There are three videos here, only one of them is in the finals while the other two had to go through a Wildcard Round (the results of which will be announced later).

First up is Pow Chavez, who is openly lesbian. She sings a classic Filipino love song "Ikaw Lamang" (Only You).

Next up is Mau Marcelo who sings "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker.



And finally, my bet Ira Marasigan singing "Mr. Melody."



Now, can you guess who got in? Just leave a comment.

For more Philippine Idol videos, just look at my youtube account "empressmaruja", or to "idolfanatic", "simoncowell26" and "shadowhide" for full episode videos.

***************

RANDOM HOT MEN: More of Twilight Dancers

The country's censors board (who disguises themselves as a "ratings board") has just given "Twilight Dancers" a rating of Triple-X. I think that's absurd.

Empress Maruja rates Twilight Dancers Triple-A: Absolutely Astonishing and Appetizing!

Feast your eyes on these...










***************

BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP MY FOOTNOTES

1) Guess what? It's my birthday today! Care for a birthday gift? :)

2) Also, Maruja Recommends is now open! If you want your site to get recommended, just leave a comment here and I'll review each and every site. Thanks!

Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy berdey!!! hope your day was great! thanks for posting those philippine idol "moments" - loved seeing them again. chin up, friend, alam ng lahat sinong nagsasabi ng tutoo about that plagiarism issue. ;)

Sun Sep 17, 10:54:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Here's to years more of doing what (and who) you do best! ;)

Tue Sep 19, 11:17:00 AM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

I posted my wedding picture today, as tomorrow is my 25th anniversary!

Hope you have a lovely day!

Wed Sep 20, 10:29:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday Bruha! I am off to work now and will read the rest of your post later.... (*nagmamadaling hinanap ang bato, and....)

Darna! Vavavoooom!

Thu Sep 21, 05:12:00 AM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darna is back.....

Empress na empress ako kay Ira Marasigan. Sayang eliminated na sya sa P.I.

Thanks for sharing the Twilight Dancers pics. sino sino sila? I love pic no.1's body, pic no.2's sex appeal, and pic no.3's innocence. The last one nevermind.

I love your Tagalog post. Ano va yan? Parehas pala tayo. Wait pa rin. Haaaay nakesh ang bading world nga naman. Majority ng population ay puro sex lang. Makahanap din tayo, girl! Dont worry.

Well, balik-trabaho na akesh! Vavooooom!

Fri Sep 22, 02:58:00 AM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Empress!!! LONG TIME NO VISIT!

Yep, already replied. I think I made my email reply (yup, she traced my email add ^_^) 2|3 weeks ago. I told Ate Suzette to talk to that ABS writer and sue him. Hehehe.

Cite my post "In the Beginning There was Encantadia". After my reply, she didn't supplement any responses after giving Ate Suzette the contact details of that writer. ^_^

Mon Sep 25, 10:49:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I thought I would look for you kasi I have been watching UTUBE for all of those videos from EMPRESSMARUJA and I thought, hmmm, me blog ba sya? Kaya eto ako, siguro, magcouzin tayo kasi Reyna Elena ako eh. He He He

I love the UST Cheering Squad you posted! OMGSH!!! Believe you me, kung dito yan sa Estados Unidos, they could easily kick ass!!!

Also! Also! Also! ANG GU-GWAPO naman nong mga pinag popost moooo!!!!

Mukhang parati ako dito sa site nimo!!!

Reyna Elena
www.reynaelena.com

Mon Oct 16, 11:23:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home