« Home | House Life: Sad Sad News » | TV Life: I Heart Philippine Idol! » | Work Life: Maruja, Ang Blogger Na Walang Pahinga » | TV Life: Philippine Idol Na! » | MOTIF: A Night In Sn-Tsn » | Life Life: The Agony...THE AGONY! » | Special Feature: Paris Hilton's Baby Shower » | Work Life: Back To Busy-ness » | House Life: The Wonders Of Adolescence » | Life Life: Que Horror-scope » 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006


Work Life: Empress Maruja, Live from the Work Station

You just can't stop a blogger from blogging, even if it means writing your post at an ungodly hour of 5:44 a.m.

But here I am, typing my way after competely all of my duties for this shift (I always mix it up on whether to call it "a day" or "a night").

***************

The children's show I am working for, well, it got some good sprucing. For one, our producer bought new HD cameras (which means these babies can be compatible with those neat HDTVs). Second, the hosts themselves became more professional in memorizing their scripts and at work as well. I thought that was a miracle in itself. Back then, we had difficulty on even making them behave.

However, as expected, I was down and out when I arrived at the studio. As you know by now, the end of my Friday outsourcing is the beginning of my Saturday shooting. After typing the script I was assigned at, I immediately slumbered by the sofa. The hosts and other staff thought I was lounging. Well, they didn't know I worked the night before (at least not yet).

I have to get used to this.

***************

As for my nightly work, it's pretty fine so far. I only have one complaint: I wish my work station does not have a trash bin on either side of my desk.

(I checked it again and the trash at my desk's right side was gone. But still, I tend to get distracted everytime someone throws trash on the bin...just like what happened now.)

***************

Major apologies for those who tried to access my Maruja Radio, but failed. I opened my site on Firefox and for some stroke of magic the codes in my mp3 player suddenly became Firefox-compatible. I recommend you access Maruja Radio using Firefox for now. I mean, the playlist is a perfect mix of the sounds of Manila from morning till the next morning, ideal for letting minutes pass by as you type endlessly on your work station.

***************

I desperately need to go clubbing somewhere. My blog became parallel to my "home-work-home" routine that has been happening recently. Darn it.

***************

This may be stupid...but belated Happy Birthday to you...




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey impress maruja, you better get a life! blogging too much is not good for us!

Wed Aug 16, 11:21:00 AM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finati LLC is an outsourcing firm that specializes in: System Integration, Outsourcing & Consulting. We routinely function as a virtual and seamless extension of our client's delivery organization. The results are tailor-made high-value, high-performance, and high-quality solutions. We have offices in Los Angeles, Sydney, Bangalore and Bhubaneswar.

Wed Aug 16, 03:28:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checked your Radio....

I love the last song feat. Gloria Diaz and Dindo Fernando... O? Ano? !!! That was funny.... and cool!

Sun Aug 20, 12:37:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We share the same existence your highness. My life nowadays revolve around work, school, work... and if time allow, a little social life on saturdays. But, I really miss clubbing. I still have one month and two weeks before the semester finally end.

Sun Aug 20, 10:35:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, you just can't stop a blogista from blogging :)

rest naman po muna kayo :)

Mon Aug 21, 10:18:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home