« Home | Two Announcements: Wowowee and StarStruck » | Weekend Round-up » | La Reina De Sablay/ The Webcam Mishap » | Make It Or Break It/ Bugz, Lucky Bugz » | Good Bye (and Good Riddance?) » | Go Big Time! » | Beam Me Up, Buttercup!/ Hot Hot Reichen » | Zatunnah, Not Zathura » | StarStruck Pictorial/ My Dad's Favorite Photo » | The Sudden Wedding/ The Ex-Girlfriend/ What A Mess! » 

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Oh Tagaytay, The Jitters, Calling My Sugar Papa

REPORTING FROM TAGAYTAY

Oh goodey! Now we can forget the Wowowee Stampede for now. Why? I've got the pics from our Tagaytay shoot, of course!

The production team checked in at a modest hostel in the City. The hostel is fine (we didn't stay too long since we shot the whole day), but I have only one critique.

Why would they put a swimming pool in a town that is so cold all year round? That's two of our hosts, by the way.

After we had our breakfast, our hectic day started.

The hosts were welcomed by the city's tourism office.


They did some spiels.

Kids TV! Our TV!

Tagaytay is a cold mountain city, famous for its majestic view of Taal Volcano, which is the smallest in the world. When we arrived last Sunday, it was so windy not even my hard hair wax could hold.

As you can see, I did some extracurricular activities while the rest of us were shooting. I took some pictures together with my co-workers.

We ate lunch at RSM Lutong Bahay. It has a beautiful garden setting and we were serenaded by their in-house band.

They sang the theme song of Pinoy Big Brother, much to my dismay.

Dad and the crew were enjoying the warm reception.

Much to my delight, we were served with a bountiful selection of fried pork rind, sizzling barbecue, fried noodles, chopsuey, grilled tilapia, beef bulalo, and rice wrapped in banana leaves. Yum...

After lunch, it was back to work.

While we were at the Picnic Grove, I asked our production manager to take a picture of me.

It was windy. Hair was messy. Garland was flying. Beautiful.

Too bad my batteries ran out when dinnertime came. We ate at a beautiful restaurant called Viewsite. It has the nearest view of Taal Volcano, and it has a wide array of fresh seafood to choose from.

This Saturday, we'll be leaving at an ungodly hour of 2:30a.m. just to cover an event. I'll tell you what that is next week.

***************

REHEARSAL JITTERS

As scheduled, I went to my alma mater UST (short for The Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, the Catholic University of the Philippines) to check out the progress of the rehearsals for my play "Jewel and the Two..."

As I've said, my play is one of five productions celebrating our theater organization's 25th Anniversary.

Director Jon did not attend that night so the stage manager took over. The rehearsals were done at the parking lot using temporary props. The run-through was one actor less, so his lines were being uttered by another actor "offstage".

I personally liked the director's treament of my script. I didn't meddle much to my director's creative license during the meetings because I wanna see how he envisions my play, and it was all good.

What I liked the most were the two dance numbers incorporated in the script. The choreography was hilarious.

Looking at the actors and the lines that they utter from my script, I felt like a mother seeing her baby for the first time. It was so overwhelming.

I guess they were jittery by the fact that the playwright was monitoring their rehearsals. They tend to forget their lines, especially the lead actor (whom I still find cute).

After the run-through, the lead actor admitted that he was a bit nervous because I was there (as a scriptwriter, of course, stop that! hihihi). I told the actors that I felt really happy of your performance, and those jitters were forgiveable since they were halfway through. They were glad and relieved.

I will attend again this Sunday for a pictorial and a "critic's night". Hope they do well.

***************

LOVE ME, SUGAR PAPA/ MAMA (A PHOTO GAME)

I'm making a photo game for everyone to enjoy. It's called "Love Me, Sugar Papa/ Mama"

Show your expressions of love to your invisible Sugar Papa/ Mama. Include a funny or raunchy message to your lover.

My co-writer and I will start...

I know you can do better. So show your affection and express your love and gratification. E-mail your pics at empressmaruja@gmail.com. Photoshopped pics are accepted for now, but it would be adviseable if you write your message on a piece of paper together with that sexy pose.

I'll be posting more of my amourous showings in future posts.

SYET, PAPA, SYET!




7 Comments:

Blogger Talamasca said...

Nice photos... Good thing you enjoyed there... Thanks for the crave!!!... And goodluck on your play! And yes, I think that Willie is a big jinx. His shows were successful yet short-lived. So sad... :-(

Fri Feb 10, 02:39:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

I just realized Ta-GAY-tay can be the gay capital of the Philippines. No?

Anyways, have fun!

Sun Feb 12, 12:36:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger ribbiticus said...

i just love tagaytay! the weather there is the best! glad to see that you had a lot of fun. just dropped by to say happy valentine's my dear empress. :)

Tue Feb 14, 01:18:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Manzkee said...

You said Tagaytay is a cold place? That's only summer here in Canada. :)

Love your pic though. Have a nice day1

Tue Feb 14, 02:52:00 AM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

TALAMASCA -- I'm crossing my fingers actually.

CHAS -- You're welcome! Your photos in your blog look great too! Here, a gay guy with caucasian friends is like a privelege.

KISS MY MIKE -- Nice one! Actually, Makati IS the gay capital in the Philippines. Too many gay yuppies hanging out in too many gay scenes.

RIBBITICUS -- Happy Single Awareness Day to you! The weather in Tagaytay is lovely indeed, but I got a sunburn in the afternoon (take note, a sunburn in a mountain city).

MANDZ -- Thanks a lot! Hope you have a great "summer" there in Canada!

Wed Feb 15, 12:10:00 PM GMT+8

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sumbission of photos?

Copying bryanboy, kapatid?

Makati is the gay capital? Since when?

Might I tell you that in Makati City hall, the locus of power in your gay capital has banned cross-dressing employees?

So much for diversity.

— Arthur Dy

Wed Feb 15, 01:29:00 PM GMT+8

 
Blogger Empress Maruja said...

ARTHUR DY -- Hi! Thanks for reading my blog. I've seen a lot of photo games in various blogs and I don't accuse the bloggers of imitating one another. My opinion about Makati is just...well, a matter of opinion. If you believe Makati isn't the gay city, then what is? As we say in showbusiness, "Good or bad publicity is still good publicity." Hope to see you again!

Thu Feb 16, 03:17:00 AM GMT+8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home